Welcome

Welcome to my blog.

This is a kind of diary of my efforts to bring up my 4 school age children avoiding chemicals and food additives and preservatives despite the pressures of the modern world.


Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Intro

I thought I'd start a new blog that I hope will help other parents out there who are trying to avoid the minefield of unhealthy products in our modern world.
I don't claim to be an expert but want to share my journey to a healthier lifestyle for my family. I plan on adding recipes that I use to make healthier versions of food, especially ones that kids will actually eat or drink and enjoy!
To start with, here's a little bit about myself.
My husband and I live with our 4 children on acres on the outskirts of Sydney. Our children range in age from 5 to 12 and are all at school.
We are lucky that being on acres allows us to have our own vege garden and chook yard. We are working on getting our land fenced and them plan on getting some sheep and cows. Maybe even milk our own cow!
We don't have a TV aerial, perferring to watch DVD's than the commercial rubbish that is on TV. This means that thankfully, our children are spared commercials for junk food. Unfortunately, however, being at school they are still subject to seeing other children eating processed food that is full of artifical colours and preservates and I am constantly asked why they don't get to take 'fun food' to school! Added to this is the constant stream of birthday party invitations where a cocktail of unhealthy food is served. No wonder I'm going grey!

No comments:

Post a Comment